There are many reasons why I don't like it. I have no big hatred towards Angel, but I thought that her character was unnecessary especially since she was only created with the purpose of being Stitch's girlfriend. This includes the other cousins too, to me it's only Stitch who came to Lilo's life. I feel like it's just a whole pokemon thing that are just there and serve really no purpose than just have an episode to continue the show and it's ridiculous. Anyway I digress, there are three things that really angered me about Angel.
1) Now that Angel is considered canon, she is merchandised with Stitch a lot more than Lilo and her family. Nowadays you barely see Lilo with Stitch, because now Angel has taken her place which angers me to no end. Lilo and Stitch were the stars of the film and it was about family and their strong friendship, Angel was just a character from the show. Also the only romance that should be remembered from that film is Nani and David's, which thanks to Angel, nobody remembers them much anymore.
2) If there is one thing that I didn't like, was that she is your everyday opposite sex clone of the main character. I am fine with Mickey and Minnie, Daisy and Donald, and other classical characters but I find the newer characters that want to continue that kind of relationships pretty old and lazy.
3) I can't image Stitch in any romantic relationship with anyone, sure perhaps him flirting around just for laughs but not in any serious relationship. He might be smart and strong but he's a child on the inside, every time I see him with Lilo he acts like a younger brother who wants to impress and be like the older sibling. Seeing him with Angel, it just doesn't work well with his childish personality. Besides the Stitch from the film and the one from the show are so different from each other, so it makes it much more difficult to imagine original Stitch to be with Angel. I don't like how Stitch, the strong independent genetic experiment from the film is now portrayed as the nerdy idiot who follows and does everything for the hot cheerleader.
If Angel is getting attention then they should do the same to the other cousins. I find it unfair that she is included in everything like she is a big part of the original film, when she isn't. If the cousins are going to be left forgotten, then they should do the same with her.
You have valid points in your thought and I respect that, on the other hand here is why I do thing they should be paired up.
1) LiloxStitch hybrids. I'm honestly sick of seeing the characters paired up to produce offspring, even more disturbing (to me at least) is 'humanizing' Stitch. The concept of humanizing the experiments is revolting in my view, Stitch and his cousins weren't meant to be zapped with a ray to turn them human. Some StitchxLilo fans say humanization is the only way for them, well at least it's better than the alternative...Bestiality. The only LiloxStitch paring I can tolerate is Lilo being Stichized.
2) Parings and Shippings are inevitable. No matter whether we like it or not, somebody out there will ship their character(s) to Stitch, be it canon or otherwise. I personally can't see Stitch with all the other experiments since they are not of the same species, only Angel seems to fit the bill. Again, if you ask me I'd think some parings are downright eye-averting (gay relationships, not that I have a problem with gays, I just don't think Stitch should be in a homosexual relationship). I can see your point that she's from the show, the original show and not that piece of kodo shit called Stitch!; again the Angel from the original show is different than her Japanese clone.
3) Angel Might be a Gateway For The Other Experiments. I know you think I've gone completely bonkers, but please understand that if people like Angel, they'll do research about the other Experiments. Maybe Sparky and Slushy (my two favorite male experiments besides Stitch) will get resurrected if more people get educated about our fandom. I know you consider her an abomination, I think the opposite.
My fourth point is actually a comment, I don't see Angel as Stitch in drag. Her personality and appearance differs from the drag clones of Mickey, Donald, and other classic characters. In fact, my uncle said Angel was a great outlet for a new type of character.
So there we have it, if you have any comments or questions please contact me, Lok'tar Ogar! And may your blades never dull!
1) Oh God don't even remind me, I hate how nowadays fans confuse inseparable friendships with romance. To me, Lilo and Stitch are siblings and like I mentioned I see Stitch as the little brother who wants to follow the steps of the older sister. I respect others shipping opinions, but the thought that Stitch and Lilo are depicted in a romantic relationship sickens me. Even if one turns human or the other turns into an experiment it is still wrong. But just because fans decide to twist characters relationships for their own good, doesn't make it true. I mean have you seen what they've done with Elsa and Anna *Shudder*. That is still no excuse to push Lilo away from her fame just to replace her with Angel, when Lilo is a big part of the movie (bigger than stitch even). Ugh, and don't even get me started on what the stupid anime intended to do with Yuna and Stitch. I mean Lilo had a crush herself in the show but you don'e see him taking the fame and replacing Stitch's posdon't even get me started on what the stupid anime intended to do with Yuna and Stitch.
2) Even with Angel, that doesn't stop people from shipping him with others. Single or not it wouldn't have made a difference. Besides if there's one thing that I always hate imaging when it comes to his relationship with Angel is having children. Stitch was not made to reproduce or anything, he's not even an alien or any other species, he was created to be a weapon for destruction. Whenever I find stories or pictures of Stitch and Angel having a family, ehhhhh.......no. I don't image Stitch being a boyfriend much less being a responsible father, that's just not Stitch for me. There are many characters who had no relationships with anyone and turned out fine, take Kuzco and Merida for example. I do agree that Angel from the show was waaaaaaaaaay better than that horrid excuse of a clone from the anime.
3) Yeah, but it still not fair. Why should Angel get the fame when she wasn't even part of the original film. She didn't even get more than two episodes compared to the other experiments. Why should they be researched while Angel gets to be a walking character in disneyworld. Like I said I don't hate her, but I don't like the attention she's getting compared to the other original characters.
Mmm well to me she seems the typical curvy flirty female that has been done many times in the past. But we all have our own views, I respect that you like her. I guess what bothers me the most is that Lilo keeps getting pushed away to the shadows because of characters like these, first it was Angel and now stupid Yuna. Lilo is my favorite character, and I hate that she is being left behind.
You have your beliefs I have mine. For you Stitch is an eunuch, to me he has hidden genitalia. This is the main heating debate within the fandom, it's been a huge hoo haa with each side bashing the other. I think it's like Republicans and Democrats tearing each other apart. Then again, God gave you a brain and you're free to use it. I respect your opinion, though, I think it's wrong. You most likely think the same about my opinion, I don't care if I'm wrong or right. Cheers, Lok'tar!
DURP! I feel stupid. I noticed I repeated myself and misspelled a few things in my last comment. I think my fingers decided to tango in those moments, Sorry!
You have every right to your opinion, and I respect it too, I'm not intending to change your mind at all, i'm just sharing my view of it.
Definitely, there are many never-ending arguments when it comes to our favorite characters but what can we do, we all have our own opinions. I don't hate Angel (I do hate the anime Angel though), I just don't take her seriously. It's just that in my view, the Lilo and Stitch's adventures ended at the 2nd movie. Even though I enjoy watching the series, and love some of the experiments, it seems a bit silly to be a continuation. But like I said there are moments when I'm ok with them, I have done some sketches of them together that still need to be finished.
Anyways, I hope I didn't offend you or anything, i'm just answering my honest opinion as you requested. Don't worry, I don't think your wrong at all I completely respect your own thoughts about this.